Darkest World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy RPG site where you can play as almost any type of demon, vampire, lycan or witch/warlock you can think of.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Middle of Nowhere

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
grimm89
Admin
Admin
grimm89

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 3:37 pm

Grimm sat in the destroyed bar, glaring at the floor. His withdrawal was getting worse. He'd gone over a week without a single soul. "Dammit, won't someone just fucking die already?!" He slammed his fist into the wall, creating a large hole.
Back to top Go down
Balthasar
Admin
Admin
Balthasar

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:37 pm

Balthasar walked into the bar and up to Grimm. The walls of the bar were broken down with holes all around. The floor boards were coming up in droves and some were missing entirely. The building had a feel to it like it could collapse at any time.

"You look like hell Grimm. But at least you can be at ease now that I am here. I have some souls for you."

Balthasar began to glow a faint blue and five human souls were released back into the world. The souls looked like a mist that hovered in the air until they mixed together and appeared to be a cloud of gas.

"Now, reap the souls and get up. We have work to do."
Back to top Go down
https://darkestworld.rpg-board.net
grimm89
Admin
Admin
grimm89

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:12 pm

Grimm glared at Balthasar for a moment, letting his intense hatred be felt, before he drew his blade. The weapon shifted forms into that of a scythe and he cleaved the misty souls in twain. His face went slack as he felt the rush. "Not as good as proper souls, but better than nothing." He returned his blade to it's sheathe as he stood, his pupils dilated. "So, what's the job, mister dealer?"
Back to top Go down
Balthasar
Admin
Admin
Balthasar

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Balthasar watched as the souls he had just released were sent into recycling by Grimm. The thought of souls being wasted with new life sicked Balthasar and the fact that Grimm got a high from that was almost just as bad but he needed the reaper for his plan to work.

"The war is starting to die down. We need to get heaven and hell to attack each other again. We need a great battle with both side taking casualties. And if your lucky I may be able to arrange it so that this battle takes place in an area that is heavily populated with humans."

Balthasar turned and began to walk away toward the entrance he had just walked through only moments before, speaking the next part over his shoulder.

"But first we need to get a few things. I don't have the power to go to the Underworld but that's why I have you. I need you to go and get me a sample of flesh from an Arch Demon. I can get everything else I need."
Back to top Go down
grimm89
Admin
Admin
grimm89

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Grimm glared at Balthasar. "Sure thing, boss." He made sure to spit the last word out with as much venom as possible. He knew that he was playing at Grimm's addiction, and there was nothing he could do to fight against it. He personally hoped the war would end soon. Then the Mortals could repopulate the Earth and there would be more deaths. He got a grand rush from sending many souls at once, but he preferred to be steadily high over one really good high.

He started to shift forms. If he wanted to start a way between the two factions again, he'd need to suit the role. Grimm could come and go from Hell at will, but if he wanted to set off a fire, he'd need to do something insanely tricky. He'd have to go into Hell in the guise of an Angel, and slay an Arch Demon in that form. He'd have to do it in the proper style as well. This way, he'd kill two birds with one stone.
Back to top Go down
Balthasar
Admin
Admin
Balthasar

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 am

As Balthasar stepped out into the sun again he inhaled a deep breath of air and prepaid to cast a spell.

"Don't forget to bring back the sample from the Arch Demon. I need it to set the location of the battle. Without it they might just attack each other in the middle of a desert with no humans around and then where would you be?"

Balthasar then cast his spell and altered his molecular structure, changing into air and disappeared. A few hundred miles away he formed again at the top of a large sky scraper with the taste of bile in his mouth. He hated working with Grimm but knew that it was necessary for his planes to come to fruition. So Balthasar stood on top of the building, looking down at the humans going about their day totally unaware of the battle that was about to take place so near their homes.
Back to top Go down
grimm89
Admin
Admin
grimm89

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Grimm appeared in a deserted Hell registry. Most people thought Hell was all fire, brimstone, and pain, but in reality, it was actually a fairly efficient place. The registries catalouged every soul that entered Hell, when the entered, and what killed them. Grimm chuckled.

A few moments later, he had located the Devil. He had selected a lower-powered Arch Demon for the task simply because it gave him the best opportunity. It would take them the longest to notice it's death than if the victim was stronger, albeit only marginally. Plus, the weaker the opponent, the smaller chance that the plan would go wrong. He stalked the unsuspecting Arch Demon, remaining carefully hidden as he chose just the right moment...
Back to top Go down
Balthasar
Admin
Admin
Balthasar

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 11:58 pm

Balthasar knew it would not take long for Grimm to get back and find him so he began his spell. He held his hands horizontal to the ground and dropped them to his sides. In that instant a pentagram of fire sprung up around him.

"Cursed be the ground, for your sake."

Balthasar pulled a pouch from inside his jacket and took out a bit of dirt, throwing it to one point of the pentagram.

"Both thorn and thistle it should bring forth, for you."

Balthasar reached into the pouch again and pulled out a small clipping from a rose stem and threw it to a second point of the pentagram.

"For out of the ground you were taken for the dust you are. And to the dust you will return."

Balthasar then tipped the pouch up side down and let dust spill out of it, a little going to each of the remaining points of the pentagram.

The pentagram died down for a second and then burst back to life, covering the sky over the city with fiery light. None but Balthasar would ever be able to see this and when Grimm returned he would be able to finish the spell. They wouldn't know why but with the spell in place both demons and angels would be drawn to this city for their battle.
Back to top Go down
grimm89
Admin
Admin
grimm89

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Grimm appeared beside Balthasar, holding out a ripped and bloody piece of flesh. He was still in the guise of an Angel, but his fidgeting nature revealed his addiction. "Got the bit of flesh you asked for. I didn't know how much you'd need, but that's all I could get. Oh, and I got some Angel, too, in case you needed it." He held out a single feather, ripped from the wing of an Angel.
Back to top Go down
Balthasar
Admin
Admin
Balthasar

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:24 pm

Balthasar took the demon flesh from Grimm but left the angel feather in his hand. He held the flesh up in front of him and it burst into a green flame.

"Now the ritual is complete and both angel and demon will be drawn to this city. Here the battle will take place and mankind will bear witness to the first step needed for me to take my rightful place as ruler of this realm."

Balthasar turned to Grimm, flicking his wrist and sending the angel feather to an unknown location far away.

"Next time don't bother with the angel. It would have ruined everything had the battle started already. Now we should leave before this place is crawling with the armies of heaven and hell and we get caught in the crossfire."
Back to top Go down
grimm89
Admin
Admin
grimm89

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 12:58 am

Grimm laughed as he shifted forms back to his favorite bandaged psycho appearance. "Do you fear death, Soul-Thief? One day, I will claim you. And while you may have no soul of your own, I think that'll make the experience all the sweeter. I have naught to fear, fool, for how can you kill Death?" He laughed again as he sat on the edge of the buidling, his wicked sythe-blade appearing in his grasp. "This will be a good show, and if I stay, I can reap the souls before you have a chance to steal them. This is the rush I've been looking for!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Middle of Nowhere Empty
PostSubject: Re: Middle of Nowhere   Middle of Nowhere Empty

Back to top Go down

Middle of Nowhere
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darkest World :: Earth :: Realm of Man-
Jump to: